Thursday, July 29, 2010

Check out my new bathroom!!

We bought a new house in May. We love the layout, we love the yard, and we love neighborhood. The only problem is, the entire house needs a paint job. Me, being the cheap-skate that I am, would not pay a painter to come do it. So, here I am with this huge project. It is very slow (I can only do about one room a week), but really exciting. The first room I did was Molly's. It turned out very cute. Maybe I'll post pictures if it can ever be as clean as the day I finished it. The other room I finished is the smallest one in the house - the downstairs powder room.
These are the "before" pics.



Most of the whole downstairs is covered with this "rag rolling" technique. Not this same color, of course, but still not my favorite thing.
I didn't think about taking before shots until I had taken down the wallpaper border. Isn't it CUTE!!! (sarcasm)
And here are the "after" shots. I used the leftover paint from Molly's room. I made the wall art after seeing it on the Make it and Love it blog. (it is no accident there is not a close up of these)





Now here is the question. Should I paint the vanity cupboard black? I'm afraid it will be a pain in the butt and not look that cute. But, it might be totally ugly the way it is. I need advice from all my decorating-savvy friends out there. Thanks!














3 comments:

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

YES! I did it to my kids bathroom and although it took 3 coats it looks FANTASTIC!

It would add to the bathroom for sure!

do it!

Unknown said...

Did you have a proper burial for the nautical border? He he. It looks so fresh and clean. I need to paint my bathroom! I was jealous when my sister told me she got to see you and your family in Utah! I'm so glad you're blogging again, because I love the updates! :)

A Beautiful Life said...

hooray for blogging return! i love the bathroom, look so much more crisp and clean, it turned out great! i think it would look good black, it would tie in to the decor you have up on the walls. um, i'm afraid my 8 mo old is almost 25 lbs already and yes, my biceps are usually sore everyday..lol