Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Pumpkin fest for FHE

Jackson and Molly got some pumpkins from the pumkin run at school, and have been extremely anxious to carve them. The weekend was way too busy so I knew we would have to do it for Family Night . Each of the kids drew their own faces, then Clayton carved them. Grant, of course had some help with his face from dad.




This is "Grant's" pumpkin It was actually raining last night so we couldn't put them out with candles to see how they look. Hopefully the weather man is wrong and it will be dry tomorrow night.
For desert, we had yummy pumpkin cake.

6 comments:

Trieste said...

I love the Jack-o-lanterns...it makes me want to do ours right away. We're planning on doing them for FHE next Monday. I wanted to make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, but Curt hates pumpkin anything...maybe we'll make them anyway and he just doesn't have to eat them! You mentioned snow coming...we had snow the weekend before last...I couldn't believe it either. That's why we wanted to get away...we hate snow and cold! Do you guys want to move to St. George or Vegas with us...then, we'll have a summer home here in Salt Lake!

Brittney and Michael said...

Those are adorable pictures. I love the Halloween music too!

Molly L. Phillipps said...

Trieste - I don't know if I hate the snow and cold, I really like the season changes, It just seems early. TIME FLIES!

April said...

Halloween is my favorite! I love pumpkin carving and everthing else that goes along with it. We carved ours a few weeks ago but of course didn't take any pics!
I can't beleive how big your family is, it makes me excited to have more kids, so fun!

A Beautiful Life said...

Rachel! Your family is so cute! I scrolled all the way down, look at your cute parents! I love connecting with everyone, it has been so great, so nostalgic! You seem to be such a wonderful little mommy, your family looks awesome! I was going to carve pumpkins but Lily insisted we paint all of them (she's our little artist):)

Cherice said...

Your halloween pumpkins are so cute... be sure to post pictures of their halloween costumes... we miss seeing them!