Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Our Thankful Tree



I cut out a naked tree shape
and tons of leaf shapes


we all wrote the things we are thankful for on the leaves.


After we got them all taped up there, I was so shocked at how beautiful it was. As I was cutting out the tree, I thought it looked ugly. As I cut out the leaves, I thought they were ugly too. But when they all were up there, I could not love this thing more. I hope the kids can stand to leave it alone so it can stay up for the rest of the season.


This is my other recent project. My neighbor hosted a class to make these beautiful temple pictures. I'm sure it doesn't look like much in the picture, but we built the frame, mounted the photo, and it even has a texture on the photo to make it look totally professional. I am so in love with it. I am just trying to decide if I want to "antique" the frame or not.



And this is my constant, all-consuming project.

I always have so many projects on my mind. Stupid housework always gets in the way.

3 comments:

Trieste said...

What a fun idea with the tree! It looks great!

Kathy said...

Blast that housework. I want to do fun projects too.

A Beautiful Life said...

first off, ugh...the cycle of laundry is mind numbing.

second, i LOVEST thine thankful tree! such a cute idea, i'm so doing that next year!!